Sep 8, 2021
Bobby leads development and
communications for the Savory Institute - a global non-profit
facilitating the large-scale regeneration of the world’s grasslands
to address the root cause of food, water, and climate security.
Since 2009, the Savory Institute has influenced management on over
39 million acres of desertifying grassland through its global
network of 50 regional Hubs that train and equip farmers, ranchers,
and pastoralist communities to utilize the land-regenerating
potential of Holistic Management within their cultural and
Savory’s new Land to Market
program and Ecological Outcome Verification protocol connect
verified regenerative supply to philosophically-aligned industries,
bringing awareness and accessibility to products whose ecological
footprint are a net positive for the planet.
Watch Bobby’s TEDx talk: “It’s Not the Cow, It’s the
- [6:50] Bobby used to be a biomedical
- [9:00] Nature is beautiful and
- [10:50] The tall grass prairie &
- [14:10] Perennial roots dig deep for nutrients
- [16:10] We are an ecologically illiterate
- [19:10] Healthy land requires grazing
- [21:10] Only one-third of global agriculture
land is arable
- [25:10] It’s not the cow, it’s the
- [32:10] Sometimes feeding grain to cattle makes
- [38:10] Developing nations rely on
- [40:30] Follow the money.
- [46:10] Is big industry keeping people sick for
- [49:50] Major hurdles for farmers and
- [52:10] The system isn’t set up for
- [56:10] The system incentivizes the industrial
- [1:00:10] Outcome-based regenerative
- [1:04:10] Ecological Outcome
- [1:07:10] The future of Nose To
- [1:10:10] The brittleness scale.
- [1:15:20] Overgrazing vs.
- [1:21:10] After 70 years, Noble Research
Institute went 100% regenerative.
- [1:24:10] The science supports regenerative
- [1:28:10] https://savory.global/impossible-impact/
GET THE MEAT! http://NosetoTail.org
GET THE FREE SAPIEN FOOD GUIDE!